Wednesday 12 December 2012

Hare Krshna chanting



Chanting of the holy names gives you all the strength inside to do what has to be done. The chanting of the holy name is such an important, such a unique and im
portant thing, specially in this age for purifying ourselves. It is by the holy name that you can become a vaishnava. The holy name does this. It makes a tremendous change in your world and in your life. Without the chanting of the holy name this will not take place. So therefore take your japa and chant Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

I will tell you a few of the things which can go through your mind as you are chanting. Oh my Lord I am so fallen, I am so disqualified but your holy name is my hope to be purified. Oh my Lord by my birth I am very low in quality but by your holy name I may gain divinity. Oh my Lord your holy name is my only hope and solace in the moments of trouble and I will come to approach you again and again. Oh my Lord please let me be an instrument of your love. If this is not possible my Lord, allow me to have your mercy and allow me to chant Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Oh my Lord your female strength captures even your form of Hari and thus you give your grace to us, because you want us to be with you. Oh my Lord of love, you are beyond all duality, you are beyond prejudice and discrimination and you are always with me in the heart as Paramatma. You listen to my chanting and see how disqualified I am, how lusty thoughts pervade me, how I am confused, but because I keep chanting to tell you my Lord to please let me be with you at your feet, there is no other place I want to be. Oh my Lord Hare Krsna Hare Rama. My dear Lord be so merciful, forgive my offenses, forgive my lack of attention, my lack of desire to even chant your name. This is Kali Yuga, this is Yuga dharma. I chant your name and there is no other way. So I'm requesting you my Lord please take me away from this world of illusion which is so hard to tolerate but by your name, you make me a servant of your feet. I am just a simple soul quite foolish and really low. But what does that matter to you because your love is above all. So I come here to all those great souls in the holy dham who go and chant, hear and speak, and know your sweet will. I am an ignorant fellow I have no idea and use my common sense that I may serve along with them. That is the real essence, so please my Lord let me go on chanting your holy name Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

I don't want to get the honor to be a great personality. I can understand my low conditions. They already disqualify me. But by your grace manifested in the holy name you give me the chance to speak and dance, and eat prasadam. And also to advance. You give me that chance. You are with me, you want me to be with you. Because your love is like this for all and it's fresh like morning dew. It gives us hope, it opens the heart. It opens the nasty mind which is so attached to selfishness of all the many kinds. But I have had enough of this. I want to get your feet. I want to transcend my own birth and never meet defeat. I just want to be at your feet, in your shelter alone. That name you gave which expands your glory and power and all. That is my hope, that is my chance. That is my longing personified. Krsna Krsna Krsna don't leave me out of you sight. Take me. Chastice me. Correct whatever is necessary. I am your son. Let me get feelings of real love so all other things will disappear. Oh Krsna! May your sweet name dance on my tongue every day with Radharani, who you are worshipping yourself. So Radha and Krsna dance in me. Dance on my tongue and make me dance. Let me be a puppet in your hand moved by your strings as you wish.

So this is my life. I have tried it alone. I have done so much. I went everywhere. I tried all the negative, positive, everything which this world had to offer to me as a new type of taste to make my life successful. But I came to the conclusion that this is all an illusion and that I want your feet and nothing more than that. So yes the holy name of Krsna is with us by his grace. By Sri guru's grace because without him we will only have disgrace. I talked about me. My life was hopeless, useless, full of fault but as soon as I met Prabhupada he was so strong and bold to say that all this ignorance of universities making money, name and fame it is nothing but a lie. And you will do whatever you can do get some success here but in the end you will meet defeat because this is the world of fear. And in that fear this is the only way to hope. The way is when you approach Vaikuntha, where there is everything, full of life and hope.

So please come along with me. This is the message of my gurudeva. He has said that you should chant the holy name and you will be fine, and never be the same again. Just chant and chant, and see for yourself how your mentality is changing day by day giving you some real happiness in the position of being a servant. Something you have never imagined before. In the world of exploitation everyone thinks that my gain is when I have some position of name, gain and fame, but all these are just the reflections of my spiritual reality where love alone is my approach to my own identity. And what is that identity? A servant of the lord who wants to do what he wants with you. And that makes you his own. You see, when Lord Krsna accepts you as his own you are so lucky, incomparable to any thing or anybody in the material sphere, nor brahmana, nor millionaire, nor college professor or politicians, nothing can be compared to that fortune of being his instrument of love. So therefore by the holy name you transcend your birth whether you are male or female, black or white, or whatever other conditioning you may have. It is nothing in front of the holy name. The holy name alone can powerfully overcome all this and make yourself his own.

So therefore, I invite you all to chant with me for ever and never will you have to lament that you are without any realization. In the material world they go to university, they make fortunes in the stock market and so many other commodities. They the poor brothers and sisters of ours, they do not even know that their spiritual soul is eternal and they have a chance to grow. They don't know that. They don't know karma. They don't know responsibility. They don't know that chanting leads you to immortality, so therefore they are worshipping only some broken glass alone, which keeps them tied to lust and greed. No service and no joy. Therefore I invite you all to purify ourselves in this holy name because in this holy name everything which I have said is included. You may say it, you may think it, or you may not but just by chanting harinam, by chanting the holy names you are connected and purified, prepared in the most wonderful form which is so bright, which is so enthusing that it has space for each and everyone. Nobody who comes with his heart in hand is rejected there. Please feel free to try it out. Let Krsna's name act within you and you will see so much love which will be your fortune.

Srila B.A. Paramadvaiti Swami Maharaj
Class given in Vrindava, India

No comments:

Post a Comment